1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Eligibility/Participation: The Birthday Party Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the United States who are 18 years of age or older as of September 30, 2022. Employees of CTM Group, Inc. (“Sponsor”), any of their respective affiliates, franchisees, parents, subsidiary companies, advertising & Sweepstakes agencies (“Administrators”) (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), & members of the immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or immediate family members and those living in the same household are not eligible. Void where prohibited, or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state & local laws. By participating, you agree that: (1) you have read & understand the Official Rules (“Rules”); (2) you meet the eligibility requirements in the Rules; (3) you accept & agree to be bound by these Rules, & (4) you unconditionally accept & agree to comply with & abide by the decisions of Sponsor & Administrator, whose decisions are final & binding in all respects.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 AM am Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 1, 2022 & ends at 11:59 pm ET on October 31, 2022.
4. How To Enter: Throughout the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will use an online sign-up form for participants to fill out completely to enter the Sweepstakes. Fill in all required information. You may enter only once. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method or entering more than the number of times permitted will void all entries and result in disqualification. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. Winners will be randomly selected after Sweepstakes Period ends. Any prizes awarded may only be redeemed at the location participant entered on their entry form. Limit one (1) prize per person, throughout the Sweepstakes Period. In order to be named an official winner, participants must abide by these Rules. The Sweepstakes Period may end earlier if all of the 26 potential prize winners are confirmed as official, prior to 10:00:00 pm PT on October 31, 2022. Many will participate, few will win. Odds of winning depend on the actual number of eligible participants.
DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about November 2, 2022 by Administrator to select the winner[s] from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Potential winner[s] will be notified by email and must sign and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within 5 days of the date notice is sent or such other date set by Sponsor. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. The return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and/or Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. Acceptance of a prize also constitutes permission to the Promotion Parties to use winner’s name, likeness, and biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. All federal and state laws apply.
5. Prize(s)/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): 26 prize (“Prize”) winners will each receive one (1) free “Mini-Boss” birthday party for eleven (11) total guests: one (1) guest of honor with ten (10) guests, to be held no later than October 31, 2023. The ARV of each prize is $179.90. The total ARV of all Prizes is four thousand six hundred seventy-seven dollars and forty cents (ARV: $4,677.40). In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of prizes herein. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any Prize, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion for a Prize of greater or equal value. All prizes will be awarded. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated herein is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize(s) awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes and as required by law. Lost or stolen prize(s) will not be replaced. Any portion of the prize(s) that is not used is forfeited. The prize(s) cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Winner agrees to accept the prize(s) “as is”, and both winner and entrants hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the prize(s).
6. Prize Winner Notification/Verification: Potential Prize winners must comply with these Rules in order to be confirmed as an official winner. 26 potential Prize winners, once confirmed by Sponsor, will be notified via email by November 7, 2022. If the Sweepstakes Period has ended and one (1) or more prize winners have not been confirmed, Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Sweepstakes Period & award such prize in accordance with these Rules. In the event that there are less prize winners than there are prizes available due to no Participation, Sponsor reserves the right to only award the amount of prizes as there are eligible potential prize winners. The decisions of Administrator/Sponsor are final & binding as related to this Sweepstakes. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses, which are not specifically listed as part of the prize(s) in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize(s), are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner. Sponsor will determine all details and other restrictions of the prize(s) not specified in these Official Rules, in its sole discretion. The prize(s) will be delivered only to an address in the United States. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, associated with the receipt of use of any prize(s) are the respective prize winner’s sole responsibility. Potential winner will be required to sign Affidavit of Eligibility (“Prize Claim Documents”) to be awarded the prize(s). Prize(s) must be claimed no later than thirty (30) days. If the prize(s) is not claimed within such time, winner fails to meet eligibility requirements or does not sign the Prize Claim Documents, then such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Sweepstakes and receive the prizes and an alternate potential winner will be selected on or about December 7, 2022. Sponsor is not responsible for any messages not received by the potential winner, or for suspended or discontinued Internet service that may result in potential winners not receiving the prize notification.
7. General Terms/Limitation of Liability: Noncompliance with these Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, jumbled, incorrect, or inaccurate paperwork, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or other services, including, without limitation, any injury/damage to any participant resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error(s) in administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the selection/announcement of the Prize winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award all Prizes claimed prior to cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (i) to have tampered with the participation process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (ii) to be acting in violation of these Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person in connection with this Sweepstakes. Participants agree that the Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for, & hereby release the Released Parties from, any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from the use/misuse or inability to use a Prize. Under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages whatsoever. In no event shall Sponsor be liable to any participant or winner for damages that exceed the value of the Prize to be awarded to the individual participant. In the event a court, or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, shall hold any of the provisions of these Rules to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Rules shall otherwise remain in full force and effect. By entering this sweepstakes, entrants waive all right to, and hold the Promotion Parties harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases in this Section 7 and the Official Rules are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
RELEASED ENTITIES MAKE NO AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, IN REGARDS TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT REGARDING ANY PRIZE(S) OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE(S). SUCH PRIZE(S) IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED; ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CENTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. Governing Law/Venue: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN WOOD DALE, ILLINOIS. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
9. Request for Rules/Winners: For a copy of the Rules or Winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a SASE, to be received by November 31, 2022; to Birthday Party Sweepstakes c/o CTM Group, Inc. 5 Industrial Way, Suite 1A, Salem, NH 03079. Please note on the left-hand corner of your envelope either Winners or Rules. VT residents may omit return postage if requesting Rules.
10. Sponsor: CTM Group, Inc. 5 Industrial Way, Suite 1A, Salem, NH 03079